Tomasz Deren is a sought after strength and conditioning coach and exercise physiologist who over the past 10 years has helped countless athletes and tactical professionals, achieve their highest level of performance. Tomasz is the co-founder and president of Stone City Strength & Wellness Ltd. while also currently holding the position of Strength and Conditioning Coordinator at the Royal Military College of Canada.
Before his move to Kingston, Tomasz held several rewarding positions that shaped his coaching methodologies to what they are today. These positions include:
- Head strength and conditioning coach for the Gee-Gee’s Varsity Women’s Volleyball Program
- Head strength and conditioning coach at Ottawa’s Gridiron Academy (CIS, NCAA)
- Strength and conditioning coach at the Ottawa Sports Performance Center (Jr. A, OHL, NHL)
- Physical Exercise Specialist for the Department of National Defense
- Co-Founder of Combat Training Systems a Special Forces preperation program for military men and women around the world.
- Lecturer in the Human Kinetics Department at the University of Ottawa
Tomasz holds a Bachelor’s degree in Human Kinetics and a Master’s degree in Exercise Physiology (Thermoregulation), which was funded by the NFL (National Football League) from 2009 to 2011. His work is currently published in Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, European Journal of Applied Physiology and the American Journal of Physiology while also being presented at international conferences including the American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting (2011 & 2012).
- M.Sc (Exercise Physiology – funded by the NFL)
- B.Sc (Human Kinetics)
- CSEP – Certified Exercise Physiologist
- BioForce – Certified Conditioning Specialist (pending)
- NCCP – Level 1 General Sport
- FMS – Functional Movement Screen
- Top Shape – Adaptive Fitness Professional
- Commando Krav Maga – Level 3 Unarmed Combat Instructor
- Jiu-Jitsu Competitor under Nova Uniao (Hayabusa Academy)